Insert page numbers in Excel
To insert page numbers in Excel, follow the steps below.
- Go to the sheet where the page numbers are to be inserted.
- Go to the View tab > Page Layout View.
This will mess up your entire Excel sheet suddenly😝
But keep your calm, Excel has only divided the sheet into pages (as they would be when you print it).
Note that after each page, there comes a footer. This footer is divided into three portions where you can add the page number🧐
- Click on any part of the footer (1st, 2nd, or 3rd). We will add the page number to the center part so we are activating the same.
- Go to the Header & Footer Tab > Page Number.
Clicking on this will add the Page number in the selected portion of the footer. You’d see it added as the code &[Page].
Clicking on the Page number button will only add the page number of the current page to the footer💡
- Hit Enter to see the page number added.
To add the page number in the style “1 of 11” where the current page number and the total page numbers, both are displayed, follow these steps📊
- Go to the footer.
- Press the Page Number Button. This will add the current page number to the footer.
- Hold down the Control key and go to the Header & Footer Tab > Number of Pages.
This will add the total page numbers in the sheet to the Footer. You’d see it added as the code &[Pages]🎯
- Manually add space between the code and write “of” in between the page numbers.
The code should now look like below.
&[Page] of &[Pages]
- Hit Enter, and here’s what the Page number looks like.
- Let me take a moment to show you how the page numbers appear when you print the Excel sheet.
That’s how you can number different pages in your Excel sheet in one go🚴♂️