How to turn off scroll lock in Excel
Remember seeing this key on your keyboard? 👀
When this key is enabled, the ‘scrolling’ gets locked. This means you can no longer scroll between cells using arrow keys. Instead, the whole worksheet moves.
If you want to scroll between cells (up ⬆, down ⬇, right ➡, or left ⬅), the scroll key must be disabled.
How can we enable/disable the scroll lock for Windows?
The scroll key is a toggle – you press it to enable the scroll lock and again press it to disable it. 🖰
If your keyboard doesn’t have the scroll key to its face, you can enable or disable it from the On-Screen keyboard.
- Go to the Windows button.
- In the search tab, type “On Screen keyboard”.
- Click on the On-Screen keyboard app to launch it.
To know if the scroll lock feature is enabled, check the status bar of your Excel window.
Can’t see the Scroll lock status on your status bar?
- Right-click on the status bar to launch the options menu.
- Check the option for Scroll Lock from the menu.