As you can see above, there are a few differences between a dashboard and a report.
A dashboard is simply a 1-page canvas where you pin visuals coming from your reports.
Pros of Power BI Dashboards:
- Great for a quick glance on KPIs
- Ability to set up alerts
- Automatic insights via “Related Insights”
- Easy to customize
Cons of Power BI Dashboards:
- Only one page
- Visuals could come from more than one report or dataset
- Not available on Power BI Desktop
- No filter or slicer feature
On the other hand, a report is a multi-page canvas you can fill with visualizations from one dataset.
Pros of Power BI Reports:
- Ability to use slicers and filters on all report pages
- Interactivity between visuals of a report page
- Available on both Power BI Desktop and Service
- Ability to see underlying dataset tables and fields
Cons of Power BI Reports:
- No alerts
- No featured report
- Only a single dataset per report