A Power BI filter is a feature in Power BI where only selected data are shown on a visual, page, or report.
Basically, there are 4 types of Power BI filters:
- Visual-level filters
- Page-level filters
- Report-level filters
- Drillthrough filters
Drillthrough filters, in simple words, create destination report pages for a specific entity or element.
In this article, we’ll walk you through setting up each one.
By the way, Power BI recently updated the filter experience in Power BI.
If you visit your old reports and edit them, Power BI will inform you that you are using the old filter pane and that you should update now.
With Power BI’s new filters pane, you can now:
- Add/remove fields to filter on
- Format and customize the filters pane
- Change the default state (open or collapsed) of the pane when a consumer views the report
- Hide filters or the whole pane from the consumers
- Lock filters so consumers can’t edit them