It’s possible to validate the time entered based on the current time.
The functions that can be used for this is the ‘NOW’ and ‘TIME’ functions along with ‘HOUR’, ‘MINUTE’, and ‘SECOND’.
To validate both date and time based on the current date and time, use:
To validate time based on the current time, use:
To create a data validation rule:
- Select the cell(s) to apply the rule
- Open the data validation dialogue box
- Select ‘Time’ under ‘Allow’
- Select the appropriate criterion under ‘Data’ (greater than, less than, or their variation with the ‘or equal to’)
- On the ‘Start date’, enter either of the formulas listed above
On an employee timecard, only allow time that’s greater than or equal to the current time.